No. 9 (B.E.2543)
Issued under the Condominium Act B.E. 2522
By virtue of Section 5 of the Condominium Act B.E. 2522 and Section 19 bis paragraph three of the Condominium Act B.E.2522 amended by the Condominium Act (No.3) B.E.2542, this Ministerial Regulation shall be issued by Minister of Ministry of Interior as follows:
1. In this Ministerial Regulation:
“alien” means alien or juristic person deemed by law to be an alien under Section 19.
2. Any condominium whereby an alien wishes to hold the ownership of condominium unit in a higher proportion than forty nine percent of the total space of all units in the condominium. Such condominium, upon application for registration under Section 6, shall be complied with the following criterion:
(1) Having not less than forty condominium units;
(2) Have already been registered at least 1 year before the date an alien applies to receive the transfer of ownership of the condominium unit;
(3) Shall not be located in a military safety zone under the law on Military Safety Zone.
3. An alien shall utilize a condominium unit in a way that is not contrary to the local custom or good living of the local community.
4. An alien who is informed in writing from the competent official shall facilitate the competent official to ensure the application for ownership and the utilization of the condominium units are in accordance with rules and conditions prescribed by law.
Given on the 29th day of September B.E.2543
(Mr. Vatana Asavahame)
(Published in the Government Gazette, the Decree Vol. 117,No.91 Kor, dated 4th October,B.E.2543)
Remark - Reasons for promulgation of this Ministerial Regulation are as follows:
Whereas Section 19 bis paragraph three of the Condominium Act B.E. 2522, amended by the Condominium Act (No.3) B.E. 2522, that the application for ownership in condominium unit of an alien and some juristic person in a higher proportion than forty nine percent of the total space of all units in that condominium shall be in accordance with the rules, procedures and conditions prescribed in the Ministerial Regulation. It is therefor expedient to prescribe the same to make them more suitable.
Legal Affairs Division
Department of Land